Monday, August 6, 2007

Random Dispatches

Just some bits of randomness to fill a few minutes of your day and mine...

David Anders will be playing Kensei in Heroes this fall. What? Maybe they'll go the offensive route like Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's.




Anyone else starting to wonder if Mad Men's front and center "look-we're-in-the-'50s" sexual politics are going to start adding up to something thematically interesting? (i.e. more than just window dressing) I'm drawn to the show and find it quite interesting, but so far it seems like they're continually drawing our attention to how openly awful women were treated without actually saying anything about it. And, yes, I know the show takes place in 1960, but for all intents and purposes it's still very '50s.

Is it me or does Burn Notice just get better every week? I wasn't completely sold on the pilot, but since then the show seems to have found its rhythm and I'm really liking it. One request: More Chin!

Since it seems like the first season of Damages will deal with how Ellen is ultimately betrayed by Patty and/or Arthur, I'm actually more interested to see what the second season will be about than I am to unravel the current mystery. Then again, this is a show that prides itself on constantly twisting and retwisting audience expectations, methinks, so I could very well be wrong about the big first season conflict.

How's Greek? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Oh, and I have to link to this. Who needs CGI?

2 comments:

Matt said...

So, apparently...you've been "tagged".

“Once you’ve been tagged, as I have, you must write a blog post with ten weird, random things, little-known facts or habits about yourself. At the end, choose at least 5 people to be tagged, list their names and why you picked them. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you’ve been tagged” and tell them to read your latest blog.”

Matt said...

And also, send me your e-mail if you want to look at my script.