Friday, June 6, 2008

Excuses for not posting

Number 1: Chuck

11     EXT. ELLIE'S APARTMENT COMPLEX - AFTERNOON              11

Chuck stands outside of the apartment complex, impatiently
looking around and checking the time.

Morgan drives up.

CHUCK
Did you steal a car?

MORGAN
What? No. I borrowed Lester's.

Chuck gives him a look.

MORGAN (CONT'D)
Well, okay, I'm using "borrow"
loosely, but it's his fault for
leaving his keys out.

CHUCK
What do we even need a second car
for?

Morgan reaches down next to him in the car and offers Chuck a
walkie-talkie. Chuck just looks confused.

MORGAN
This is how they do it in all the
cop movies. Hello?! I drive up
ahead and park. You follow Awesome.
When Awesome gets close to my
location, you let me know via
walkie-talkie, and then I start to
follow. That way Awesome won't
notice anyone following him,
because it will be two different
cars.

CHUCK
If we don't know where Awesome will
go, how do we know he'll pass by
the place where you parked?

MORGAN
You just don't get it! At least try
the walkie-talkie.

Morgan tosses Chuck the walk-talkie. Chuck rolls his eyes and
walks toward his car.



INT. LESTER'S CAR - MOMENTS LATER

Morgan drives a ways ahead and speaks into the walkie-talkie.

MORGAN
See, isn't this great? We're
already covering more area.



EXT. ELLIE'S APARTMENT COMPLEX - SAME

Chuck also speaks into the walkie-talkie.

CHUCK
This is the dumbest idea ever.

As Chuck speaks, Captain Awesome exits the apartment. Chuck
ducks down to avoid being seen.

MORGAN
The condor has left the building.

CHUCK
I know, I know, just follow him.

Chuck waits until Awesome gets in his car and leaves, then
jumps into his Nerd Herd Mobile and follows.



INT. LESTER'S CAR - SAME

MORGAN
(to himself)
Oh, god! What if he sees me?

Morgan pulls out ahead of Awesome nearly causing an accident.

INTERCUT:



INT. NERD HERD MOBILE - SAME

Chuck's eyes go wide.

CHUCK
Morgan, what are you doing?!

MORGAN (V.O.)
I've got to be in front. Otherwise
he'll see me. I know what I'm
doing.

CHUCK
(to himself)
This was a mistake.

Chuck shakes his head as he drives behind Awesome's car.

Number 2: Pushing Daisies
INT. PIE HOLE - DINING AREA - LATER

EMERSON sits in a booth and reads the menu. Olive stands next
to the table, tapping her foot impatiently. She keeps looking
over at Ned, who we can see through the windows on the
kitchen doors baking happily with Chuck in the kitchen.

OLIVE
(to Emerson)
You know, the food comes faster if
I know what the order is.

EMERSON
The order is to let me take my
time.

OLIVE
Unfortunately, you're not just
taking your time, you're taking my
time, too. And those people in the
next booth --

She indicates an IMPATIENT COUPLE glaring at Emerson.

OLIVE (CONT'D)
-- you're also taking their time.
And, while we're on the subject,
it's partially your fault that
Chuck's here, and I'm forced to see
her and Ned making time.

Emerson puts down the menu.

EMERSON
Fine. Raspberry Rhubarb Crunch.
Light on the crunch.

OLIVE
All our raspberries went bad.

EMERSON
Check again.

He shoves the menu at her. Olive rolls her eyes and walks
away. Emerson shoots a fake smile at the Impatient Couple.

NARRATOR
Emerson Cod did not believe in
fate. Or rather, he believed that,
like the colorful holsters he
knitted for his guns, he could make
his own fate. In fact, he believed
it so much that he became a private
eye to prove it.

No comments: