Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just a reminder...

Warner stuff is due this Friday. That means it needs to be postmarked by July 25 to be eligible.

(I bring this up because apparently NBC's Writers on the Verge not only gave a date, but also a time by which submissions needed to be received. Which is fine, in theory, except when submitters don't notice that time and IT'S 3PM. I mean, seriously? Who puts a deadline at 3pm? Not that I don't love you, WOTV people, but that's just cruel.)

Ahem.

Disney ABC stuff is due Friday, August 8. Don't forget that they also require you to turn in a "statement of interest" (i.e. 500 word essay).

Good luck to all, but mostly Jul and I. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writer’s assistant/researcher needed for TV show HOUSE, MD. Duties will be split between traditional assistant duties and doing medical research (ie… reading medical journals, talking to experts, etc…). Looking for a hard-working, motivated person who knows how to research and write clearly. Medical background a plus, but not a necessity. Resumes to: houseresearcher@gmail.com


love,
fairy gmother

adam _______________________ said...

I think the 3pm thing was because it was an electronic submission. Which personally I loved.

I'm at that point where the statement of interest is starting to drive me crazy. It will be the bane of my existence until August 8th. I will be using the full time allotted to me... :)

Jane said...

And don't forget Disney requires you to get your application form notarized (WTF?). Anyone know where I can find a good notary around here?

Emily Blake said...

How come on the application it says it's due the 31st?

Josh said...

Well, they changed the date relatively recently, but on the Overview and FAQ sheet, it says August 8, 2008 under deadline, so...