Friday, August 8, 2008

Disney-Aaaarrrggghhh!BC

I'd recommend not waiting until the last minute but... Umm... Well... You know.

Last minute notarizing and hours spent on the 405 and yeah.

And since I hate the essay stuff, I'm gonna share part of mine. Because I can. I don't promise that it's good, just that it is:

"TV shows breathe. They sit down and have a beer with you and let things unfold naturally. The characters often face tremendous strife, but most of the time they’re only changed in small ways, because most of the time people don’t change all that quickly. We go through a slow evolution and often have to relearn things again and again. TV can show this in a way that no other medium can, and the best shows straddle the line between episodic stories and ongoing character arcs. More than anything, that's what I want to do with my writing."

Good night...and good luck to all.

3 comments:

robbin said...

Thanks for sharing Josh. I wasn't sure what they were looking for but I finally managed to come up with something.

I did however mail mine before Friday. So no matter what happens that was a small achievement by itself.

Josh said...

What kills me is that Jul and I kept NOT turning it in because we wanted to take one last pass over the script, but we never got around to it. We could have got it in weeks ago. Now I'm not completely confident about it getting in on time...

Tomatito said...

Funny, I also applied. Just as an exercise. But I went in a different direction with the essay. More like "World Peace" "The Pope" and all that Miss Universe corny stuff Disney loves. Good luck, I'm sure you'll both get in.