Thursday, August 14, 2008

Want an entertainment job?

Because Anonymous...or possibly Anonymi...have been posting jobs here every once in a while for the last few months. Like this one:

"2nd Assistant to Shonda Rimes, creator of GREY’S ANATOMY, needed. Please send resumes to Sonay Washington at greysanatomy5@gmail.com Entry level, full time position that is 60% personal. Health benefits and overtime. 60 hr/week."

Now he, she or they wants to know if it's useful to the readers of this blog.

I know my answer: YES. Even if nothing has EXACTLY matched and/or...ahem...I haven't been contacted for anything I might have possibly maybe applied for, I'm thrilled to see these posts every once in a while.

How about all of you out there? Let Anonymous know you appreciate the job listings too.

8 comments:

Jane said...

Yes, definitely. Though, like Josh, I've never heard back from the ones I've applied for - and it's not for want of a kick ass email / resume either...

xJ

Anonymous said...

thanks BFG. do you peeps ever look at the UTA job list?

Lex said...

greysanatomy5@gmail.com is such a realistically plausible professional e-mail address, I'm going to send my resume right now.

Josh said...

touche, lex.

still...

Anonymous said...

Um, assistants set up gmail/yahoo addresses so applicants can't just use the company e-mail structure to start emailing everyone.

Josh said...

hence my "still..."

This is certainly not the first such email address I've seen, and several of them have been on things like the UTA List, so I say... Go ahead and ignore it, people. Just means there's a better chance for the rest of us.

adam _______________________ said...

I read this blog anyway, but I have to say that having an anonymous posting of entertainment jobs is a great way to keep people reading... :p

But seriously, add me to the list. I've applied, and have also not been contacted in regardst to anything.

Why second guess anything? Stick your foot out all over the place, hope for a door, and keep on stickin'.

Josh said...

Oh, and yes, anonymous #1, I check out the list and send it to people now and then. Don't have anyone sending it to me regularly anymore, though, so I just forward it whenever I DO get it.