Friday, February 27, 2009

Updatey-ness and Excuses

So I disappeared there for a few months. Wasn't the first time, probably won't be the last. And I wish I could say that Jul and I got super busy with paid work or had a death in the family or something equally time consuming that isn't that, because that would really, really suck...

But the simple truth is that every time I thought about posting, I just couldn't work up the desire to actually do it. Basically: I got bored, kids. And while you might think this would lead me to post more, apparently you're wrong. So there.

However, since I titled this thing "update," how's about I actually do that, hmm?

First off, things are moving forward quite nicely on the animated feature my bosses are writing and (mostly, now) directing. We've got just about everything recorded, all of the sequences have at least been launched into layout, and maybe at this point even animation, and things are motoring right along. Last I checked, close to 20 percent of the movie was completely animated and ready to go (sans score), and trust me kids when I say this thing's looking good. (In fact, we should all have a big party on September 18th and go see it to help with that all-important opening weekend. No, really.)

In terms of our writing, it's been quite productive and interesting lately. We finished the webscript that I may or may not have mentioned and turned it in to the producers, so now it's just wait and see. Will they like it? Will they actually get funding to pay us? Out of our hands at this point. While that fun was going on, my bosses read our Pushing Daisies and Chuck specs (well, both read Daisies, one read Chuck) and gave us some great feedback that we're trying to implement. I say trying because at the same time we've been revising an Earl spec we did a few years ago to turn in to Nickelodeon (due this Saturday), continuing to work out the second act blues in our animated feature because it keeps feeling like we're thisclose, outlining (and very soon writing) a new comedic action pilot for an Extension class, and starting to develop another pilot idea that just came to me and we want to write as soon as we finish the current pilot.

Also, I was sick for two weeks, during which I beat both Shining Force and Phantasy Star IV, and we've been watching a lot of West Wing lately, so that's, you know, time consuming.

1 comment:

Blogette said...

I guess I can accept those excuses. You're getting stuff done, so that's good.