Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Well, folks, it's been quite a month


Actually, the real time frame is probably a bit longer than a month, but since the end of July...


1. Jul and I opened escrow on a condo. Consequently, we've been spending much of our free time (and some of our not-free time) reading hundreds of pages of documents, signing things, faxing things, calling and emailing people to understand what the heck is going on, and generally worrying ourselves over this big, looming thing that we're not even sure will happen. Which is great.

2. Jul's parents visited. Hence the last gay post. I like Jul's parents, but having people visit always adds stress, even when it's fun too.

3. I flew home to help my mom move over a weekend. She doesn't have a phone yet, so I have no way to contact her. But I'm sure she's fine.

4. We laid a big fat egg in most of the contests we entered... though there are still several to go... and our Pushing Daisies is supposedly in the semis at one place, if I'm to believe the email we received over the website itself, which still doesn't list us.

5. I suddenly had a week to finish up my job on the movie, which was totally unexpected and at first really scary. I had been slowly archiving and wrapping things up because I knew I had another month, and then -- BOOM -- no time. Except not really. Other than transferring the reins over to someone else on the production and putting them in contact with all the people they needed to know, it turned out that my fear was misplaced. I had to close out everything so quickly because...

6. ... I'm now assisting the awesome showrunner of a new animated series coming out... actually, I don't know when it's coming out. Scripts are being written, hundreds of boxes of office equipment from one of the studio's recently cancelled animated series are being opened and sorted through, and I'm settling in and trying to figure out my role.


No comments: