Sunday, March 14, 2010

Makeover, Makeover!

September 27, 2009.


Wowsers, was that really my last post? And it was on FlashForward? The last THREE were on FlashForward?!

Ha.

Well, kids, lots of things have happened in the last almost-six months.

1) Jul and I now own a condo, have a roommate, and are trying to Craigslist our way into filling the other vacant bed... after living on our own in a two bedroom for a year. It's an adjustment.

2) I've been dubbed "scratch master" at my current job, frequently recording the temp audio for shows when we can't get the actors right away, and even had a paid day of recording work myself, though so far the "paid" part of that is pretty loose. You wouldn't believe how long it takes to get a check cut for voice work.

3) I've had two paid days as a "writer," by which I mean my old company called me in to watch some of the current stuff they're working on and give notes and suggestions. It's awesome work, but I'd call it more pitching than writing. Speaking of which...

4) Jul and I pitched an animated feature to the head of my old company, which is the reason I ended up getting the aforementioned writing work. They ultimately passed on the pitch, but were extremely positive about it and us.

5) The show I'm working on got an order for 5 more scripts! The writers are alternately excited and stressed since we're deep into production on the first 10 right now.

6) Jul got a job assisting the creator and head writer of a fantastic animated kids show!

That last reason, actually, is why I'm writing this, because starting today(ish) Boring Future Generations will no longer be a one man band, but a duo. Jul is going to start posting her thoughts on writing, television, and the entertainment industry in general, just like me!

What does this mean for you, the Reader? Well, the Reader, it means only 3 months between posts instead of 6! Potential public fights when we disagree on random shite! Posts from someone who doesn't have his head up his ass but HER head up HER ass! Singing! Dancing! Synchronized swimming! (those last three ONLY if you went to the Paleyfest panel for Glee) And possibly an annual event with fireworks, but NOT on the Fourth of July. Because let's face it, that's just played the eff out.

Honestly, we don't know what kind of changes there might be. We still want this to be a blog about writing and TV and, you know, us, so we'll just see where it takes us.

In the meantime, in honor of our impending makeover, enjoy this vid:

No comments: