Thursday, June 10, 2010

Interview with TV Writer Carla Robinson

Another in my series of "Breaking In" interviews. This one is from Carla Robinson, who wrote for the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica.

As usual, a highlight from the interview:


What advice would you give to female writers trying to break in today?
I would give the female writers the same advice I give the male writers. Always wear a protective cup. And keep your work current and polished. I can tell you from personal experience that I only got a job because I kept writing even when no one was reading me. I have writing samples for procedural and character-oriented shows, and plenty of original material in my arsenal. I realize I sound like a deranged automaton, but I cannot stress enough how important it is to write a variety of scripts. It will help you in so many ways as you traverse this tricky world.


Read the full article.

No comments: